Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful, Inc. (KGMB) is an award winning, private, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. Established in 1983, it has been affiliated with Keep America Beautiful, Inc. since 1985. We are not a public or governmental agency.
KGMB has a strong history of responsiveness, renewal, and innovation. KGMB uses a unique combination of community improvement programs, like the Great American Cleanup, and environmental education programs to accomplish its goals.
To promote sustainability through clean, healthy, and beautiful communities for generations to come.
Our Vision for Success
Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful will be successful when individuals are active stewards for sustainable community activities.
Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful board of directors, staff and volunteers will respectfully fulfill our mission and enthusiastically realize our vision through a commitment to:
- Innovation – promoting and implementing creative and effective services
- Diversity – fostering inclusion, collaboration and equal opportunity
- Education – teaching the principles and value of sustainability, and environmental stewardship
- Accountability – accepting personal responsibility for results
- Leadership – working for the common good
To help communities improve their economic, environmental and social well-being, Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful will initiate, collaborate, and promote programs in partnership with its communities that address:
- Neighborhood cleanup and beautification
- Waste reduction, reuse, and recycling
- Children’s environmental education
- Environmental forums
- Renewable and efficient energy use
- Resource conservation